Week 2 Update

Another week down...and another 1.8 pounds gone! Week was good, got 3 days of FIRMing in on Sun,Tues & Thurs. New routine about killed me on Tuesday but I know it will get easier as it kicked my ass just a touch less when I did it on Thursday. I was sweating like I lived in Atlanta and my legs felt like jello, so I know I was giving it my all. And that makes me feel good.

Food this week was good, went to the drive-in last night and splurged with a hot dog and some popcorn. Stayed within my limits as meals were shifted a few hours later and lunch was lite. Brought some watermelon with us for a snack so that curved my craving for funnel cake or sugary coated roasted nuts! I skipped having them put extra butter on the popcorn too, figured getting it at all was a treat so who needed the extra liquid fat that would go right to my belly anyway.

I know I am losing at a consistent rate, which I am thrilled with, especially since I really don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything 98% of the time and don't finish my meals still hungry. I can't help but think back to previous attempts at weight loss and relish those first few weeks where I would lose 3-4 lbs a week. I try to tell myself that this time is different and that I am doing it the right way which is going to be forever, but I have to admit I would love to see a bigger weight loss each week. WHO WOULDN'T!!! But I am happy with the fact that the scale is consistently headed in the right direction and am almost halfway to my first goal of losing 10 lbs by labor day!!!

This week's schedule presents some challenges. First on Tuesday I have a family birthday dinner at Tumbleweed, so already thinking of healthier options as opposed to the deluxe burrito and margarita I am used to having. Thinking maybe roasted chicken with a sweet potato, probably will have extra meat to use for lunch the next day. Going to drink water instead of alcohol and avoid the chips at all cost. Not worth it! Because of this I also need to switch my workout day to Monday since we will be going right after work. Resting 3 days in a row...we'll see how that affects me. Second challenge will be the arrival of "The Chad". He is coming back for 35 days on Wednesday and this normally includes eating out more than normal. Glad we can't really afford it anyway, that makes it easier to turn down Tuesday Wing Nights and so forth.

Overall I am pleased with my progress so far, feel healthier and am sleeping better since I cut out excess fat and sugar. Seeing the number drop on the scale feels so good and keeps me motivated for the next day. Luckily I haven't seen an increase from day to day, just maintaining and losing so I know I am going about this properly. LF Cottage cheese and pineapple has become my sweet treat and I look forward to it now instead of cheesecake ice cream. Ironic huh?

1 comments:

Kel~blogger said...

Keep it up Mendie! You sound like you are in a good place and ready to make a change for life.. It will come off.. and the slower it goes the longer it stays gone.. Keep up the hard work!!

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!