Week 5 Update
So you know how I saw a slight gain last week for the first time? Well I lost that weight, plus a little more this week, so I am proud to say I am successfully back on track! Yippee. I lost 1.1 lbs this week! So as of right now I am 2.3 lbs away from meeting my 1st goal! So exciting.
Feeling pretty good, been keeping with 3 workouts a week. Thursday and yesterday I did Express Cardio. Basically it's 35 minutes of high intensity step and impact aerobics. Chest burns from being out of breath about 10 minutes into it, but I guess that makes it obvious why I need to do it! Wanting to stick with this DVD all week and see if the focus on cardio helps kick up the weight loss. I love the strength training ones, but think maybe I'm working my muscles more and not targeting the fat enough. So we'll try it and keep consistent with my meals and see how the week progresses.
Yesterday as I was walking past the mirror, I could tell my stomach was a little less bulging than before and when I got out the shower today, my back fat pockets are starting to empty out which is a great thing. No woman feels comfortable with back fat! The other day, my husband said he can tell that I am working out so that gave me more motivation than he'll ever know. I wish you could bottle that feeling so I could take a swig whenever I am feeling stuck. You are always your own worst critic, so even though I couldn't tell any big difference in the size of my body, it made me feel good that he could see a positive change.
Observation of the week:We went out to the Lake on Saturday night to watch a band and I had a few light beers. We got a pizza to take home. This pizza is amazing, and so we had been looking forward to it for a while. Note: this is the first pizza I have had in over a month. My stomach was soo upset and I felt like crud later that night. My stomach is handling foods much differently now that I'm not coating it in grease every other day. I guess the changes that I have been making over the past few weeks are affecting more than just the scale. They are changing my body internally and the way it reacts to what I feed it, even if I can't see it in the mirror quite yet.
Mini-goals for the week: Keep calories around 1300 per day and lose 1.5 lbs by Saturday!
Monday, August 18, 2008
|
Labels:
Exercise
|



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!