New Kids on the Block...well worth the 18 year wait!
Well...the night has come and gone. Sadly the New Kids on the Block concert is over. It seemed like yesterday that we ordered our tickets to the show, but turns out it was 3 months ago. I went with 2 of my cousins and we knew we would have a good time. The time would be filled with singing favorite songs while reminiscing about our childhoods and how our walls used to be wallpapered with BOP! and Tiger Beat posters and beds were covered in NKOTB bedspreads and pillows and we proudly wore the t-shirts and oversized shiny buttons to school on our jean jackets of course. So we get to the arena, which was in Cleveland...about 3 hours away from home. We walked thru the entrance, past the merch area, grabbed a pretzel and water and went off to find out seats. Oh we found our seats.....way way way up top! Yeah...that's our view.
We were like, well it's what we paid for so at least we are in the building. We were still excited but really had no clue what we were in store for. So we sat and watched Colby O'Donis and Natasha Beddingfield perform a few songs. Natasha was spot on for every song...she had an amazing voice! Great live performer-a true talent! So the time had come and all the seats had filled....the lights dimmed and the large silk screen behind the stage started to flash and you saw NKOTB filter across it with spotlights and flashes. Then you saw them. The boys from Boston lifted up from under the stage and the 20 thousand people, mostly women, went bazerk! Seriously you could hardly hear the first few lines they sang because everyone was like....OMG! It's NKOTB!!!
They put on a fabulous show...they looked hotter than ever and sounded great! They still have the moves that we all loved so many years ago. We stood and sang along for almost the entire 2 hours they were on stage. They had 3 or 4 costume changes and even at one point moved to a rotating stage that was closer to the back of the arena where we were sitting. It was cool because there they were right there with the other end of the fans who never thought they would get to see them up close. It was awesome! There were a few times after they sang their song that they just stopped and seemed to soak it all in. All the fans that were still cheering for them....almost 20 years after they first made it famous and nearly 15 years after they stopped touring. It was pretty powerful for a pop group reunion tour!
They sang alot of their old hits and some of their new songs, which are very good and all had a good beat. NKOTB are much sexier than they were when I was 12! The white outfits were the best-they looked hott! It was such a great experience and if I had to do it over again, I would definitely pay the extra $20 and get the lower bowl seats so I could actually see their faces.
I couldn't help but think back to the year that they played at the Ohio State Fair, I was probably in 7th grade. I didn't have the opportunity to go to the fair, it was all the way in Columbus for Pete's sake! I had plenty of New Kids stuff though so that kept me fulfilled. I wonder now if I would have even appreciated it as much as I did at this point in my life. I think that making my dream come true on my own, even if it was 18 years later was what made it even better!
Monday, October 06, 2008
|
Labels:
Emotions
|



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!