I know it's not healthy...but I have my reasons

I know, it's not healthy to weigh yourself everyday, but I do it. So hand over my scarlet letter and I'll slap it on my shirt now! I am a daily weigher and I am not afraid to admit it. I step on the scale every single morning and hold my breathe as the 0.0 flashes and wait for the number to appear. While I don't let that number decide my menu or agenda for the day, I do like to so I see how what I ate and what exercise I did the day before affects the scale.

There is some type of logic that one can obtain from charting their weights and measurement's. I know that soups and Chinese food make me bloat and make the number a little higher the next few days. If I eat protein with dinner, it is normally a little more down than before. Breads and sugars make it higher. Food is a science and everybody reacts to it differently, I am just interested more than the average person on a daily basis with how my body reacts to it.

Here is the one thing though that frustrates me about daily weighing. It is sooo frustrating to step on the scale everyday and not see the number change at all....until the day of my recorded weigh in!!! Last week for example my weight was the same Sunday thru Friday, and then on Saturday...BAM....down 1.4 lbs. Why did my body hold every ounce until the last minute???

I'm sure I will never know how the combination of exercising and eating affected it from ounce to ounce. And maybe not stepping on the scale and tracking it everyday would make it easier mentally for me to just be happy with a loss whether it happens over a week versus a little each day. But for where I am right now in the journey to becoming healthy and maintaining a healthy weight, I will continue to weigh in every day and just be happy that it doesn't climb day after day despite all the hard work I am putting in.

Maybe it will be this way forever, maybe it will get old in another few months, who is to say. But no matter what...I have to do what will keep my neurotic self satisfied as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!