Easter...and the wonderful peanut butter eggs that comes with it!

Well Easter is tomorrow, and I have already eaten 2 mini white Reese cups....and they were wonderful! I always love peanut butter/maple eggs and cadbury eggs and have been looking forward to them for months now. I've done really good about cutting out the sugar and sweets from my diet, but this is a necessary treat I am going to allow myself.

Last year Gresh got me the white Reese eggs, but we couldn't find them this year. They did have giant Reese chocolate eggs at Kroger but they were gone by the time I decided I wanted one. So I decided on the white min Reese cups. At 47 calories each, they are just enough of a treat to satisfy the sweet cravings and to last the whole month long. Now the cadbury egg, if I do get that will be gone in one setting. I'm sure I'll feel sick but it's a tradition!

It will be the first Easter in a number of years that I won't be getting a handmade peanut butter, maple or cherry egg. My mom always used to get them for all of us from some local church, they were delicious! I was thinking of taking one out to her when I visit tomorrow, but am fearful some animal will get a sniff of it and I don't want animals around her space, so I think I won't do it. She understands the intended gesture I'm sure.

So as I get ready to spend the holiday with family and friends, I will enjoy each and every peanut butter or cadbury egg that crosses my path. And give my mom a big peanut buttery smile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!